Welcome to WellCare of North Carolina
Thank you for choosing WellCare of North Carolina. We are happy to serve you and your family, and to provide you with the quality healthcare services you deserve.
This website will help you learn how to work with WellCare of North Carolina. It will also help you to get the most out of your healthcare benefits.
But remember, our Member Services representatives are just a phone call away. They are dedicated to helping you get access to the right care. So, don't hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call if you have questions about your plan. You can call us toll-free at 1-866-799-5318 (TTY 711). We're here for you Monday–Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Important Plan Documents
You can find important plan documents on this Web site including:
- Member Handbook
- Provider Directory and more
You can download copies of these documents online.
Choosing a Provider or Pharmacy
WellCare of North Carolina is a managed care plan. This means that you will need to use doctors and other providers that are part of the plan's network.
We regularly add new providers to our network. You can download a copy of our latest Provider Directory from this web page. Or, you can use our online Find a Provider/Pharmacy tool for the most up-to-date listings.
WellCare of North Carolina Resources
- Member Handbook - English (PDF)
- Member Handbook - Spanish (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: Health Plan Member Co-Pays – English (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: Health Plan Member Co-Pays – Spanish (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: In Lieu of Services – English (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: In Lieu of Services – Spanish (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Changes - English (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Changes - Spanish (PDF)
- Member Medical Reimbursement Claim Form - English (PDF)
- Prescription Drug Member Reimbursement Claim Form - English (PDF)
- Medicaid Drug Coverage Request Form - English (PDF)
- Member WW (Weight Watchers) Flyer - English (PDF)
Helpful WellCare of North Carolina Information
We are here for you 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST Monday - Saturday. The Member Services numbers to call are:
- WellCare: 1-866-799-5318
- TTY: 711
Our site has a routine maintenance schedule. In 2022, all events will involve a general system outage where any system could be unavailable from 6 p.m. Saturday until 6 p.m. Sunday starting on the dates below:
- January 22
- February 19
- March 19
- April 23
- May 21
- June 18
- July 16
- August 20
- September 17
- September 24
- September 30
- October 22
- November 19
- December 10
- December 31
You can call our 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line for free. The number is 1-800-919-8807.
Our 24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line is 1-833-207-4240. If you or a family member is having a behavioral health crisis, call this number. A trained person will listen to your problem. He or she will help you decide the best way to handle it.