Welcome to WellCare of North Carolina
Thank you for choosing WellCare of North Carolina. We are happy to serve you and your family, and to provide you with the quality healthcare services you deserve.
This website will help you learn how to work with WellCare of North Carolina. It will also help you to get the most out of your healthcare benefits.
But remember, our Member Services representatives are just a phone call away. They are dedicated to helping you get access to the right care. So, don't hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call if you have questions about your plan. You can call us toll-free at 1-866-799-5318 (TTY 711). We're here for you Monday–Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Important Plan Documents
You can find important plan documents on this Web site including:
- Member Handbook
- Provider Directory and more
You can download copies of these documents online.
Choosing a Provider or Pharmacy
WellCare of North Carolina is a managed care plan. This means that you will need to use doctors and other providers that are part of the plan's network.
We regularly add new providers to our network. You can download a copy of our latest Provider Directory from this web page. Or, you can use our online Find a Provider/Pharmacy tool for the most up-to-date listings.
WellCare of North Carolina Resources
- Member Handbook - English (PDF)
- Member Handbook - Spanish (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update V14: My Health Pays and Added Services - English (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update V14: My Health Pays and Added Services - Spanish (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: Health Plan Member Co-Pays – English (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: Health Plan Member Co-Pays – Spanish (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: In Lieu of Services – English (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: In Lieu of Services – Spanish (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Changes - English (PDF)
- Member Handbook Update: Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Changes - Spanish (PDF)
- Member Medical Reimbursement Claim Form - English (PDF)
- Prescription Drug Member Reimbursement Claim Form - English (PDF)
- Medicaid Drug Coverage Request Form - English (PDF)
- Member WW (Weight Watchers) Flyer - English (PDF)
Helpful WellCare of North Carolina Information
Our website and portals have a maintenance schedule. All events will involve a general system outage where any system could be unavailable from 6 p.m. CST Saturday until 6 p.m. CST Sunday starting on the dates below:
- January 21
- February 18
- March 18
- April 15
- April 22
- May 20
- June 17
- July 15
- August 19
- September 16
- September 23
- October 21
- November 18
- December 9
- December 16
Our 24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line is 1-833-207-4240. If you or a family member is having a behavioral health crisis, call this number. A trained person will listen to your problem. He or she will help you decide the best way to handle it.