WellCare is proud to go beyond the basics. Below is a list of extras we provide our members and their families. And they are all at no extra costs!
Note: Some benefits have eligibility requirements and limits.
- Provides an online forum for members and providers to discuss local events, health topics, community resources, and other subjects
- Hearing aid
- Rides to doctor for Medicaid Members
- Rides to classes/events for Medicaid members
- Electric breast pump
- Stroller, playpen, car seat or diapers
- Doula program
- Baby showers
- New Moms Caregiver Exam
- Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts annual membership for members ages 5 through 18
- 4H Club activities, for members ages 5-18
- Sports physicals for members ages 6 through 18
- Healthy Kids Club for members ages 4 through 11
- Healthy Rewards program: $75 yearly value in rewards
- Weight Watchers: 24-week program voucher
- Curves: 12-week membership voucher
- Health and wellness coach
- 20% CVS discount card
- Up to $40 monthly savings on household items
- $120 GED voucher
- $300 reading scholarship for qualified members
- 12 free tutoring sessions
- $129 yearly value for over-the-counter drugs per household (no prescription required)
- Free cell phone — 1,000 monthly minutes, free texts, and 1GB of data
More no cost benefits:
- Unlimited visits for members who meet medical necessity prior authorization required (member must be at least 21 years of age)
- Carpet cleaning (based on diagnosis, two carpet cleanings per calendar year.)
- HEPA filter vacuum cleaner (qualified members)
- Hypoallergenic bedding (qualified members get a $100 allowance for a hypoallergenic mattress and pillow casings)
- Peak flow meter (qualified members)
- Influenza (flu) voucher
- Pertussis Vaccine (whooping cough) voucher
- Respite (Relief Camps)
- Individual therapy sessions for caregivers
Routine Chiropractic Services
- Unlimited visits for members ages 21 and over, prior authorization required
- For male babies up to 6 months old
- Paramedics and EMT assistance, must be approved
- Diabetes camp for qualified members at authorized camps
- Diabetic foot care for qualified members (includes nail clipping, corns and calluses)
- Telecare Diabetic Management System, must be approved
Home Delivered Meals
- 10 free meals for qualified members, must be approved
- Free, confidential online behavioral therapy program
Parent Support and Training
- A service for the parents or guardians of child members who are experiencing a serious emotional disturbance (SED)
- Art Therapy - 10 free art therapy sessions per year for ABD members ages 3 and older, based on medical necessity
- Equine Therapy - 10 free horse-riding sessions per year for eligible members age 6 and over
- Provides support to quit smoking, including a health coach and nicotine replacement lozenges, patches or gum
- Utilize the state's Quit Line Program
Other Services Offered to Qualifying Members:
Good Measures Programs
The online programs below provide support to lose weight, better manage diabetes, and lower blood pressure.
Registered dietitians and certified diabetes care and education specialists deliver programs by phone and online, making it easy for patients to participate and stay engaged.
Healthy Weight Program: Personalized weight loss approach focuses on building healthy habits, establishing nutritious eating patterns, overcoming barriers to eating well, and getting more active.
Better Heart Health Program: Supports patients with improving heart health and lowering blood pressure through nutrition and lifestyle change. Includes a connected blood pressure cuff for self-monitoring.
Diabetes Self-Management Education Program: This program is designed for members who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes educators help participants reach their goals and learn how food choices, activity, stress, and medication affect their blood sugar and how to better manage it.
For more information on the Good Measures programs, contact WellCare Member Services at 1-866-799-5318 or sign up online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diabetes Prevention Program: This is a free online program for those who qualify. It is available to members who have been advised by their health care provider they are at risk for Type 2 diabetes. A trained YMCA Lifestyle Coach leads a supportive, small group to help you learn how healthy eating, physical activity and behavior changes can reduce your risk for diabetes and improve your health. A physician referral form is required.
Healthy Weight and Your Child: This a free online virtual program that focuses on healthy eating, physical activity and behavior change to empower children and families to live healthier and more active lifestyles. Evidence shows that child weight management programs are more effective when the whole family is involved and committed to adopting healthier habits. A physician referral form is required.
For questions about the YMCA wellness programs contact WellCare Member Services at 1-866-799-5318.