Getting Started with the Member Advisory Committees
The Member Advisory Committee (MAC) and the LTSS Member Advisory Committee (LTSS MAC) provide an opportunity for members and/or their representatives to use their voice to improve the way Medicaid is delivered. Committee members meet and network with other people who are passionate about improving healthcare and help WellCare of North Carolina solve challenges and create solutions to everyday healthcare problems.
What You Need to Know
- The committee is free to join, interested members must be committed to improving healthcare in North Carolina.
- Meetings occur quarterly in the Medicaid Region in which the Committee is serving.
- Members have the option to participate in meetings in person, by video, or by phone.
- Committee members will provide guidance on best days and times to meet, including after business hours options.• Interpreting services will be available, as needed, for committee members during meetings.
- WellCare of North Carolina offers gift cards for attending quarterly meetings for up to $75 per year, to not conflict with income thresholds for Medicaid Eligibility. Members are able to decline gift cards and encouraged to attend all meetings.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact our Member Advisory Committee Coordinator, Marlena Brown, directly at 984-867-8749, send an email to SM_NC_Quality@WellCare.com, or fill out the form below.
Please note that only fields that end with * are required.