Skip to Main Content

Behavioral Health

Feeling Hopeless? Sad? Helpless?

Caring for your mental or behavioral health is an important part of staying healthy. If you have any of these symptoms, call us toll-free at 1-833-207-4240. We will give you the names and phone numbers of providers who can help. Or you can use our Find a Provider tool.

If you have any of these symptoms, you should see a doctor:

  • Always feeling sad
  • Drug or alcohol problems
  • Feeling hopeless and/or helpless
  • Feelings of guilt and/or worthlessness
  • Difficulty sleeping
  • No appetite
  • Weight loss or gain
  • Loss of interest in the things you like
  • Problems paying attention
  • Being upset
  • Your head, stomach or back hurts, and your doctor has not found a cause


Recharge, Refresh and Improve Your Mood

myStrength is an online tool to help you live your best life. You’ll find help for stress, anxiety, chronic pain, and more. It’s safe, secure and personalized - just for you. Track your health, enjoy activities, and become inspired. Start today!

Visit myStrength to sign up.

24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line

Our 24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line is 1-833-207-4240. If you or a family member is having a behavioral health crisis, call this number. A trained person will listen to your problem. He or she will help you decide the best way to handle it.

What to do in a Behavioral Health emergency.

  • Is it a true emergency? Are you a danger to yourself (or others)? If so, call 911 and ask for a CIT-trained officer or go to the ER (do this even if you are not in our service area). CIT officers are specially trained to help with behavioral health emergencies.
  • Call the number on your ID card if you are outside our service area.
  • Call your doctor or the behavioral health provider you're currently seeing as soon as you can, and they will instruct you on what to do next.
  • If you don't already have a provider or if your provider cannot be reached, you can call the crisis hotline on your ID card.
  • You can also go to Crisis Solutions NC, choose your county and find crisis resources.

Are You Outside of North Carolina?

The hospital where you get your emergency care may be out of our service area. If so, you can receive emergency services outside of North Carolina, but you have to come back to the state to start working with a behavioral health provider once the crisis has passed.

Limitations and Exclusions

Prior Authorization (PA) is not required to get emergency services. However, you must get a PA to see a provider who is not in our network. You will have to pay for the care if you do not.