Health Beyond Medical Care
You should never have to pick between food and medicine. Healthy Opportunities offers ways to help you get the resources you and your family need to live a healthier life. From healthy meals to help with housing and transportation, we will work together to tackle each challenge you face.
Healthy Opportunities offers coordinated physical and behavioral health, intellectual, and developmental disability services, pharmacy products, and more.
Do you qualify?
To qualify for Healthy Opportunities, members must be enrolled in the WellCare of North Carolina Medicaid plan and must be a/an:
Resident of one of the following counties in the pilot regions:
- Access East, Inc. – Beaufort, Bertie, Chowan, Edgecombe, Halifax, Hertford, Martin, Northampton, Pitt
- Community Care of the Lower Cape Fear – Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover, Onslow, Pender
- Impact Health – Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, Yancey
- Adult with two or more qualifying chronic conditions
- Pregnant woman (e.g., history of poor birth outcomes such as low birth weight)
- Child ages 0-3 (e.g., neonatal intensive care unit graduate)
- Child ages 0-2 (e.g., experiencing three or more categories of adverse childhood experiences)
- Have at least one social risk factor: homeless and/or housing insecure, food insecure, transportation insecure,or at risk of, witnessing, or experiencing interpersonal violence.
For more information, call the Member Services line at 1-866-799-5318 (TTY: 711) Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. to find out more about Healthy Opportunities.